Assessment 2: Individual Research Proposal
Develop a research question (similar to the ones you have explored throughout this subject) that supports qualitative exploration of a topic of your choice. Review the materials from Module 1 to familiarise yourself with the scope and purpose of qualitative research.
Write a research proposal for your qualitative project.
You must include:
- A brief literature review to summarise the existing knowledge in this space, and justify your proposed project.
- Your research question and the knowledge gap that it will address.
- A summary of the key elements of the methodology that you think would be the most appropriate methodology to use to explore your research question (ie grounded theory, phenomenology etc), and why it is appropriate for exploring your research question.
- Your methods, including how you will select your participants (in this case, four people whom you already know) and your interview process.
- Your interview questions.
- A personal reflection on your motivation for exploring this research question, any ethical or cultural considerations for your project, and anything that could create a risk of bias in your data (ie interviewing friends).