Assignment 4: Critical Analysis
- Read the scenario below
- Bullet point list your main concerns for this patient.
- Provide a brief reason (rationale) for these concerns?
- Provide a numbered list in order of priority of the appropriate interventions that need to be instigated for this patient, consider the whole MDT.
- Provide a rationale/reason for these interventions. Consider pathophysiology, pharmacology and evidence-based practice in your rationale/reason.
- Your rationale/reason must be nursing focussed
- Please remember to reference your work
Word count: 2000 words +/- 10%
Please note: This assignment does NOT follow essay format and can be short statements but must be constructed with the provided template and be supported with appropriate rationale/reasons and references.
Your referencing must follow the APA 6 th edition format
Once completed your template
MUST be uploaded to the assignment 4.
Mrs Cherry has just been admitted to the GIT ward where you are on placement. She is a 72-year-old woman that has been admitted with abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting for investigation and has just returned from a surgical procedure 1 hour ago to relieve her SBO (Small bowel obstruction). She has a wound drain, IVT and an IDC insitu. Her current observations are BP 100/75, HR 98, RR 22, Temp 36.7, SpO2 98% on Room air (RA). She is alert and orientated.