Case Study 2 | Assessment Task Response
Ethical Research Task
For this activity and assessment task response, you are required to address the following questions. You can conduct additional evidence-based research and must provide your sources in a reference list at the end of your work. Every attempt must be made to answer where relevant, in your own words.
Questions for Response
You should consider, at a minimum, the following:
6. Where do you stand legally, ethically and morally in this situation?
7. What is the current, relevant legislation and the principles of ethical decision making related to this case study.
8. Discuss the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Charter of Human Rights in relation to the privacy and confidentiality issues.
9. Discuss why or why you would not choose to disclose this information to any other party involved and justify your response.
10. Discuss your ‘duty of care’ in this situation related to the following:
- Legal - What is required legally?
- Professional/ethical – What is the right thing to do as a paramedical professional and in consideration of the patient’s human rights and ethically?
- Organisational - What does the health care industry say you should do?
- Community – What does the community members expect us to do?
- Personal - What do our own beliefs and values suggest you do.