Assessment Task 3
You are tasked to create a consultative report that addresses the data requirements of a Driverless, Non-autonomous Traffic Management System as well as commenting on the feasibility of such a solution, given what you learned in the subject. Following instructions will assist you in completion of the task.
Some hints for you to heed while you develop and write your assessment:
- Consider what is meant by ‘autonomous’ and then explore the benefits and challenges that autonomous vehicles may present in a future in which they are widely adopted
- The Road Traffic Authority has not provided any assumptions and you should list these if your proposal and reflection are to be considered cogent
- Consider that there are presently several roads in operation that contain more than one traffic lane and while generally there are rules for how they are to be used, not all human drivers adhere to them—what are the consequences?
- Consider what would happen when a driverless (non-autonomous) vehicle needed refuelling
- Consider the security requirements in the context of what could go wrong in operating such a system