Assessment Task 1 - Knowledge Assessment
Answer the following questions about work health and safety (WHS) laws.
- What is the exact title of the WHS act applicable under federal legislation
- According to the WHS act applicable under federal legislation, what is the duty of care of a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU)?
Not all WHS acts use the same terminology. If your state/territory’s WHS act uses different terms (not “duty of care” or “PCBU”), base your answer on similar provisions in the act.
- How does the model WHS Act secure the health and safety of workers?
- Provide one example of how WHS legislation affects building and construction projects in general.
- What is the exact title of the WHS regulations applicable in WHS federal legislation?
- Outline the hierarchy of control, according to the WHS regulations applicable in. Federal legislation