Assignment Task 2:
Assignment Part A
For this assessment task, you will create a written technical report to explore one smart/automation system that has been applied to an industry or field. The purpose of this assignment is for you to develop your big-picture thinking, and to explore various impacts of the ever-changing IT industry.
1. Search literature and real-world applications in your life environment, get to know one category of smart systems that have been applied in one of the following areas:
- Smart Home and Furniture
- Smart Care for Older People
- Smart Logistics and Retail
- Smart Agriculture
- Smart Environment and Ecosystems
- Smart Medicine and Healthcare
- Smart Roads and Transportation
2. Discover via Step 1, one specific smart system/device of your interest. Note that the chosen system/device must include mobile and/or cloud components.
The following gives a list of example systems, on which a collection of literatures has been provided on Moodle as the references
- Wearable Sensor for Human Activities Monitoring
- Body Area Network
- IoT Health Monitoring System
- Agriculture Product Traceability System
- 5G Application System
- Smart Home Robot
3. Conduct system discovery (on the system from the viewpoint of system function, architecture, access control, and communication, respectively, and prepare a technical report in the following structure.
- Introduction (new functions and applications in Industry).
- Review of how cyber-attacks happened to the smart system
- System Architecture (components, Internal and external connections, and key technologies)
- Vulnerability Analysis and Countermeasure (space for Assignment Part B)
- Related works and summary (similar systems comparison)
Students can include diagrams and tables to present your information in the report. Report should be maximum 3 pages and should include title, abstract, and reference.
Complete this work by 3rd September and then discuss with your lecturer and start working on assignment part B.